Friday, August 17, 2012

Rufous Hummingbird


The past few days we've been having a bit of an uproar in our backyard.  This adorable little female Rufous hummingbird is the  reason.  She was perched on my window feeder this morning and is still there now, several hours later.  I was able to get several good shots of her, including this one.  

Even when she was perfectly still, I could tell her heart was beating fiercely.  Hummingbirds are some of my favorite birds and one of God's magnificent creations.  So delicate and yet it can migrate to Mexico and back each year.  Amazing!

She's successfully chased off the larger Black-chinned hummingbirds, so I guess I need to move my other feeder out of sight of her favorite feeder.  

I haven't yet seen a male, but I'm hoping to because I have never seen one nor have I photographed one.  I would love to!

To see or purchase this image or more of my Bird images,
  Click Here.  For birds of prey, Click Here 
or, just browse through my birding galleries!

You can read more about the Rufous Hummingbird, HERE.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails