Saturday, July 12, 2014

Well, owl be!

I recently entered the Birds of Prey 2014 Photo Competition that was held by The Peregrine Fund.  There were a total of 318 photos entered.   I didn't win the popular vote by the general public, what I did win means much more to me.

First, one of my photos was chosen by The Peregrine Fund’s selection committee as one of 10 Honorable Mentions!  That prize includes: Free membership in The Peregrine Fund ($25 value). Receive the next Birds of Prey Calendar, 10% gift shop discount, and unlimited admission at the World Center for Birds of Prey for one year.

The best "prize" of all I found out about just today.  My Northern Saw-whet owl photo will be published in the 2015 Birds of Prey Calendar!  Woot! Woot! or should I say, Hoot! Hoot!? :)  This means I've met my "get published again" goal I had set for myself this year.  It's been a few years...since before my corneal transplants and such; so yes, I'm STOKED! 

Here is the photo that was chosen...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails