Saturday, May 22, 2010

Backyard Birds in the Rain

Today was an unusually rainy, cool day for this time of the year, in my neck of the woods. The birds didn't seem to mind too much, though. They were going about their winging, fledging, feeding, flitting, and generally seemed to be enjoying the spring rain. I thought I'd share a few of the photos I took today.
A young dove, on my patio.

These newly fledged house finches enjoyed hanging out on and around the feeding station.

A young female goldfinch endured the rain falling on her head.

More finches on the feeding station.

A male goldfinch awaits his turn at the feeder.

Mourning dove, hanging out on the trellis.

This Eurasian Collared Dove found a lovely perch in one of the trees.



1 comment:

Birding is Fun! said...

Very nice photos! This weather has sure made for some interesting bird watching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails