Tuesday, February 9, 2016

American White Pelican at Swan Falls Dam

I saw this American White Pelican recently when I was down at Swan Falls Dam.  I think it's a cool looking bird and I was surprised to find it there.  I love how the early morning light cast a nice glow on the scene and the reflections.  I love reflections!  I like this close-up shot very much, but I think the ones with the dam in the background add a bit more interest.
Image
In this second image, I included the dam in the background to get a sense of place and the environment where I found the bird.  I really like the compression of the environmental shot and the clarity of my subject in both shots that I got from my new lens.
Image
I added a filter in Adobe Lightroom 5 to this version of the image to add an erosion effect that makes the image seem much older than it is.  I also added a canvas-type textured look to the image.
Image
This last version of the image was converted to black and white.  It's hard for me to choose a favorite. 
Image
Which version of this image do YOU like best?  I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts. Please let me know in the comments.


  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails